Instant WordPress is self-contained, runs from any drive HDD and USB. No Windows registry, no bits and pieces everywhere, it is all in one folder. They are working on a version for Mac. Follow Instant WordPress on Twitter to find out more.
I have been gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out trying to install WP on Linux Mint 17.3 this week. I am so close, but not there. This Instant WordPress will be done in moments, without tons of brain numbing configuration.
“The easy way to install WordPress locally on Windows”
Your Free WordPress Power Tool
Instant WordPress is a complete standalone, portable WordPress development environment. It turns any Windows machine into a WordPress development server. It will even run from a USB key.
What is Instant WordPress?
- Instant WordPress is a complete standalone, portable WordPress development environment. It turns any Windows machine into a WordPress development server. It will even run from a USB key.
- Instant WordPress comes complete with its own built-in Apache web server, PHP and MySQL installations that are started and stopped automatically.
- Instant WordPress comes complete with a set of dummy WordPress posts and pages so that you do not have to create any data or posts to test themes and plugins.
- Instant WordPress is self-configuring, so it should not conflict with any software already running on your machine.
- Instant WordPress can be installed as many times as you wish and deleted by simply removing the folder that it is running from. Nothing is left on your machine.
Instant WordPress 4.4.2 contains the following software:
- WordPress 4.1
- Apache 2.2.15 (Win32)
- MySQL 5.1.46-community-nt
- All dummy WordPress content is courtesy of the nice people at http://wpcandy.com/
Please Note: Instant WordPress is not suitable for live websites
and should only be used for testing and development.
If you want to migrate Instant WordPress installations onto the web, try our guide for WordPress Power Users.